Monday, June 23, 2008

A little of everything

I know some of you have been wondering how last week went with my new schedule, so let me sum it up for you....I LOVE IT! I got so much more work done it's not even funny. It's amazing how much more you can get done when you have 2 hours a day when there are only a few other people in the office, who are also taking advantage of it being quiet, and no phone ringing off the hook! It is GREAT! I do have to admit though that when I went to lunch and shopping with Shelley and the girls that I felt like I was playing hookie....I'm not used to having Friday's to do whatever I want!

This week will be very hectic for me. For those of you who don't know, Ked and I (and Elaine) are coaching a 9-10 yr. old All Star team. We all took our tests yesterday so that we could "step out on the field" and passed with flying colors. I have to admit, some of the questions were a little confusing the way they were worded, but we made it through without any real problems.

We had a very busy weekend with softball, and I don't really feel like I've been home any at all. Friday night we had a regular league game (which we tied 6-6), Saturday, we had All Star practice from 9-11 and then we had two league games at 5:30 and 6:30. Yesterday, we had All Star practice from 2:00-3:00 and then off to take our tests... As you can tell, I haven't been home much this weekend, and this week will only be worse. We have practice tonight at 6:00 (keep in mind that I don't get off until 5:30 now), tomorrow we have practice at 6:00, Wednesday we have a coaches meeting in Lake Village at 7:00 for the tournament that we will be playing in at the end of the week, Thursday we play in Lake Village 2:00 and then have to attend opening ceremonies at 7:00...and the list goes on...lol

I know I will miss this when we are done for the season, but I will also be glad to be at home with Michael and Chaos a little bit more! Michael has been so supportive of me doing this (and has even made it to a few games...lol) and I appreciate it more that he knows. I really do enjoy coaching and getting to know the girls. Overall, this has been a great experience. Wish us luck in the tourney!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

we are scrimmaging at 6:30....

and, Rebecca told Stephanie that only one coach has to go to the dinner, so I am not sure if I will go or not.

and by the way, if you don't take my mom her tea glass back she is coming to your house to get it....lol

Blake said...

I'll take it to her when I go over there tomorrow...lol...

I am still planning on going to the dinner, unless for some reason Ked wants to do it by herself...which I don't see. lol

Michael said...

You definitely have a busy schedule. I am proud of you for committing and following through with everything.

I can take the tea glass back when I take the post driver back. :-)